Carrying on a routine schedule of maintenance like oil changes is the best way to get the most out of your automobile purchase. An oil and filter change from Turco's Automotive extends the life of your engine, improves your ride and handling. It will also keep more of your money in your pocket! Our experienced service technicians change the engine oil per factory specifications, replace your old oil filter with a top quality oil filter and top off all other fluids. We collect the old oil and filters for recycling.
How often should you change your oil? There is a lot of misinformation about oil change intervals. Some people adhere to the axiom that says your car’s oil needs to be changed every 3,000 miles. While other people explain that newer cars don't need to have their oil changed any sooner than 7,500 miles. Actually, both suggestions could be correct. Everything depends on your car and how you drive.
No one wants to spend money more often than they have to, just when it is necessary. Conversely, smart car owners want to keep their engines running smoothly. After all, breakdowns can be really expensive. Remember, a well maintained engine is a more efficient and an efficient engine is usually a long-lasting engine.
Your car’s ideal interval for oil change depends on a number of things:
- How are the streets of your driving conditions – gravel road, dirt alley or pavement?
- The climate. Here in the Pierce/Kitsap County area we see each of the four seasons and each of the seasons can affect your oil and your engine.
- How often do you drive your car? Limited use can be worse than putting a ton of miles on your car.
- Are you doing a lot of neighborhood driving, commuting with stop and go city driving, or long portions on our freeway system?
- Do you just drive by yourself? Carry a lot of passengers? Have a heavy load? Or pull a trailer?
Check your gauges for ADD your engine oil!
Most cars run about a quart low on oil when they reach approximately 3,000 miles. Using oil over time is normal for some vehicles. Engines running on low oil are far more likely or liable to be influenced or harmed by friction with wear and breakage. Low oil levels generally mean your engine will be less efficient. Even clean oil needs to be topped off before your next oil change. Check your dipstick for both levels and sludge.
When you have an oil change at Turco's Automotive, you can expect a thorough inspection of your vehicle, including important safety equipment like brakes. Just like a yearly “physical” can catch potential health problems early, and vehicle inspection can make sure your vehicle is as reliable and efficient as it should be.
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only.